The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday December 28, 2016 at 10:16
Impaqt
RC Moderator
October 2002
On December 28, 2016 at 09:27, Chris Frost said...
Hello all, I just wondered if any of you have a good solution for dealing with devices that lack direct input codes? The usual trick of going to a default input then either up or down arrow X times doesn't work in this case as there is no default input unfortunately.

I have a couple of client jobs now where they're using Sony 4K TVs (XD9305) and one of them also has the Sony soundbar HT-ST9. Nether the TV nor the soundbar remotes offer anything more than a simple "input" button which cycles through the inputs. I have done the usual capture-scrutinize-generate all codes-search for discretes routine but come up empty handed on the soundbar.

I think one of the issues is that the device is looking for an extended duration code that the existing Marantz remotes (ancient RC9200's) I'm updating can't accommodate as standard. I can alter the hex code to change the durations, but as you can imagine, doing that for over 200 codes on the off-chance that I might find an as-yet-undiscovered discrete for the inputs is a colossal PITA and hugely time-consuming when on-site.

Is there a smarter solution that I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated :)

I know the HT-ST9 uses standard Sony receiver codes. So you can use that for disretes.

Have you tried the standard sony discrete codes for TV's?

If for some reason they dont work, you need to have a channel available in the tuner and then CH+ (Or -) will anchor it to that tuner input.

What remote are you using?

Hosting Services by ipHouse