The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday December 28, 2016 at 09:27
Chris Frost
Long Time Member
January 2003
Hello all, I just wondered if any of you have a good solution for dealing with devices that lack direct input codes? The usual trick of going to a default input then either up or down arrow X times doesn't work in this case as there is no default input unfortunately.

I have a couple of client jobs now where they're using Sony 4K TVs (XD9305) and one of them also has the Sony soundbar HT-ST9. Nether the TV nor the soundbar remotes offer anything more than a simple "input" button which cycles through the inputs. I have done the usual capture-scrutinize-generate all codes-search for discretes routine but come up empty handed on the soundbar.

I think one of the issues is that the device is looking for an extended duration code that the existing Marantz remotes (ancient RC9200's) I'm updating can't accommodate as standard. I can alter the hex code to change the durations, but as you can imagine, doing that for over 200 codes on the off-chance that I might find an as-yet-undiscovered discrete for the inputs is a colossal PITA and hugely time-consuming when on-site.

Is there a smarter solution that I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated :)

Hosting Services by ipHouse