The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 244 made on Wednesday December 28, 2016 at 08:27
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 27, 2016 at 23:07, Archibald "Harry" Tuttle said...
If I was you guys I'd be more concerned with how 3% of the population ended up with 95% of the wealth in this country...

As long as a company/corporation performs, most people didn't care about how much the CEO made relative to the company's bottom line. When people are looking for a reason to hate the wealthy, which never really stops, they look at the compensation for the CEOs and other officers of the companies. I doubt they strong-armed the board of directors to get that much- the directors are responsible for this as much as anyone, but nobody thinks to blame them.

How many people with 401k, personal stock/bond/mutual fund accounts gave a minute's thought about how much the CEO/fund manager was paid, as long as they made a killing in the market? Not many, that's for sure. Only when the market takes a dump do the pitchforks and torches come out with the angry mobs who are looking fro someone to blame.

Is it fair? Depends- did the CEO bring the company/corporation back from the brink and make it profitable? Throw them a big bone. Did they take over and sell it off in pieces, leaving a trail of unemployed workers, empty factories that may take decades to fill, unpaid loans and TIF districts/lower tax base and cities or states left holding the bag? Stockholders may be OK with this, but the affected people are hardly going to be in a good position.

I'd like to see and hear past comments from people when their 401k and other investments were outperforming in the past, but are now pissed about CEO compensation because they're not seeing the returns they want.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse