The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 89 made on Tuesday December 27, 2016 at 12:37
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On December 27, 2016 at 11:07, Anthony said...
but why does it need to be built into the pavement? the example of a tram/trollies/streetcars don't. Like I said before you are too busy focusing on a single solution (a track in the pavement giving electricity to the car) but no one has said that.

Even if the best solution is that it will be in the pavement why would it need to be as flimsy as it is now?
asphalt is used because it is cheap and roads are a cost center. powered roads change the road from a cost center to a profit center and so it changes the whole dynamic.

Let me put it this way, if someone, like myself (Canadian from Montreal), decides to drive to Florida As a Canadian working and living in Canada I don't pay income taxes to the US, I don't pay income taxes to every state I will drive through, I don't pay property taxes in any of the municipalities, so if I avoid toll roads I would not have really helped with the costs of the roads I drove on. Roads get money from tax payers and tax payers complain about taxes and so the government is skimpy to throw money on roads. To put it differently I spend 20$ to fill up my tank and then I spend 0$ to drive on the road to drive those 20$ worth of gas. With a powered road I spend 0$ on gas but the power road corp might charge me 10$ for the electricity 5$ would go to producing the electricity and 5$ to maintain the road I was on.

I thought you described something in the road originally. If not, I misunderstood. But putting something above seems like it would be harder to make work.

Our roads are paid for by taxes on gas. Every gallon has 18.4 cents of federal tax, then each state has their own tax too. The state tax varies from about 12 cents to 50 cents per gallon.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse