Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 52 made on Tuesday December 27, 2016 at 09:58
radiorhea
May 2002
On December 27, 2016 at 00:40, Mogul said...
I can wholeheartedly agree with 3/9 and 8, but none of the others. I have very large, complex systems, some in commercial settings, that have been reliably online for years with zero issues. My RTI start post-dates the lead-free-solder-induced white screen failures and early battery problems, but I have T2C+, T3V and T2X remotes that have been in heavy use by families with young kids for years of durable service. They also offer a reasonable upgrade path for remotes that cannot be serviced. Charge docks have been less than stellar, but RTI has generally warranted and replaced them. If you don't like the remotes, you can deploy an iPad interface.

As for the MX-810, Tom, I should clarify that I deployed the (then brand new) 810's for use with the MSC400...URC explicitly advertised the 810 to be fully compatible with that processor despite its horrific "wizard" programming interface but was not in practice. I appealed all the way to URC's VP of Engineering for relief but they left me hanging, so I moved on.

Bottom line, every control system has its weak points and strong points...RTI is in no way the worst of the bunch, IMHO. Pick your poison.

I agree that you pick your poison. I have stuck it out with RTi over the years because of Integration Designer. I have plenty of remotes out there still doing their job. Most of my clients have "moved on" to iPad minis and their iPhones. They love them and agree that it is way easier if they drop one. It is going to happen. Their kids use Ipads and are very comfortable controlling the system with it.
APEX brings and new set of challenges. If RTi abandons ID then I will have no choice but to move on. I will not support that fiasco. I have put way too much time into ID and have an easy and simple interface for my clients with feedback. All RTi needs to do is improve the graphics selection and IP drivers list. If they spent their time on THIS instead of trying to fix what is NOT broke, they would allow us and them to make money, service our clients, and continue down a great path.
Drinking upstream from the herd since 1960

Hosting Services by ipHouse