The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 230 made on Tuesday December 27, 2016 at 01:30
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On December 26, 2016 at 22:47, Mario said...
I don't want to care for less fortunate out of my medical premium plan. Doing so raises the fees to the point where I can't afford the plan in the first place.

I am OK with being in a pool of paying customers just like auto industry.
I know that some years I'll be putting the money in the piggy bank and during others I'll be taking money out.

The idea of contributing to the society as a whole and it being a for profit corporations (ie. insurance companies) does not sit well with me.
That's what taxes and SS program is for.

It might seem cold hearted, but as a hard working, 1st generation immigrant, I don't want to hear that it's too hard to be successful or that this country doesn't have opportunities

The problem is that before the ACA you were paying for the less fortunate because hospitals were over billing providers to make up the losses they incurred due to the uninsured using the emergency room as a doctor, and other unpaid care.

The real core of the problem, the wrong people (the insurance and the drug companies) get to establish the cost of medical treatment in our country. The doctors that save lives don't get to even set their own price for service. The insurance companies decide what they will pay after service is rendered. How would any of us react if after we installed a state of the art entertainment system, the interior decorator decided how much we would be paid?
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse