The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 225 made on Monday December 26, 2016 at 21:43
simoneales
Select Member
May 2005
Here is Australia we pay 1.4% of our income as medicare levy which is removed from our pay before we receive it. For that we all get nearly all medical treatment without charge and if you are a low income earner you don't pay anything towards the medicare levi. Medication is also heavily subsidised with very few medications costing more than $35.00. Many common ones like Lipator are $5.00 for 30 tablets at the discount chemist store. If you wan't private hospital rooms and priority treatment you can pay extra for private healthcare on top of the medicare with your own chosen provider. You cannot be knocked back for pre-existing conditions but may have a waiting period on them of 6 months for the private cover but if you are urgent The medicare system will cover you regardless and give urgent cases priority. This is the exact system Obama tried to implement originally but was forced to scale it back multiple times before it became what it is now. All the bullshit reasons given for not doing it have been shown not to exist in either Australia or the UK. You guys got screwed without lube, but if you are looking for someone to blame, look to all those that fought Obama all the way.
I guarantee I'll tell you the truth and I guarantee I'll tell you what you need to know but I can't guarantee that I'll be telling you anything you want to hear.

Hosting Services by ipHouse