The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 208 made on Sunday December 25, 2016 at 11:28
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 25, 2016 at 10:25, kwkshift said...
I don't see why congress just didn't allow insurance companies to sell across state lines. That would spur competition in the free marketplace, driving down costs but increasing value.

I also think there should be periodic physicals for people. We are the fattest, laziest country in the world and the majority of our health problems are linked to our diets and lifestyles. Other than tobacco use, the fat slobs eating cookies and sitting on their butt all day should pay more than a healthy person that has taken personal responsibility for their own body, by eating well, being active, etc.

Look at all the problems that everyone knows are attributed to processed sugar/ heavy carbs and sodium. Yet look at any grocery store in the US. All the center aisles, which is about 80% or more of the store, are food in boxes, bags and cans. All that crap is bad for you. With the exception of oatmeal and a few other things, we should be shopping in the produce section, eating more fish, and baking/ grilling our other meats. We don't even need to go into the fast food problems we have, here.

Can you eat pizza? Sure, just don't eat the whole thing. Eat a couple pieces and have some vegetables, too. Save the leftover pizza for lunches or something.

ERs used to be the place where the uninsured went for basic care and what happened? Hospitals closed because they lost a ton of money supporting the ER, which is one of the most expensive areas in a hospital. We should have had far more small clinics spread around for basic care- these cost far less to operate, they could refer people if the problem was more serious and if people don't have insurance, it would have been possible for Congress to create a program for basic care via these clinics but NOOOOOOO! They couldn't do that.

Preventive care would have done so much to prevent needless death & illness, but that makes too much sense.

The problem with fast food is that it's not only faster than buying and making it, it's possible to eat enough for a few dollars. Who buys 1/3lb of hamburger, one bun, a few pickles, a packet of catsup and a slice of cheese, in order to make one burger?
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse