The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 194 made on Saturday December 24, 2016 at 16:34
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
First thing is the healthcare site is still a nightmare IMO. I am not a new computer user or a total moron and i still cant figure out the site or the emails i get from it. Example...i get an email telling me i have a deadline to change plans or risk having my rates raised. These emails come every day for a week. I ignore them. Then i get an email telling me that my plan was updated blah blah im all good and i can move on with my life. Then the next day i get another email telling me i better login or risk losing it all!!!! Sooooo i log in and it looks like i am all set except for the button that i click that then takes me to sign up like i am a new user. There is no clear indication of which plan i have...whether or not i am signed up etc etc. So far all that site does is cause confusion.

As far as the costs go...i am a single 41 year old male with no children. This is the math for this year. All i did was go in for a sleep apnea test. 2 sleep clinic visits and a visit where i talked to the doctor for 20 minutes.

3 (co pays) X$40=$120 + $5181.72 (monthly payment X 12 months)

Total spent this year on healthcare $5301.72

Total billed for services $4134

$1167.72 is what i actually spent out of pocket. That works out to $97.31 a month to cover all of my healthcare needs in 2016.

The older i get...the more i go to the doctor...the better the deal will be for me. I realize it might suck if i stay healthy all next year and find out i actually spent $531 (my new monthly rate) a month for nothing...but if i break a leg or get hit by a car or find out i have cancer...$531 a month will seem like pennies compared to what the actual costs of my healthcare are.

I never cared about health insurance. I didn't have any between 18 and 35 because i "didn't need it". I learned my lesson a few years ago. Actually it was my brothers lesson but i paid attention. He was diagnosed with liver disease. Costs for his care were heading towards the $500k range. His insurance covered it. Even his co pays were covered by a credit card that his job supplies him with. He works for whole foods. Up until that point he never used the insurance. Like me...he never went to the doctor for anything for almost 20 years and "didn't need it". Then one day he did.

Bottom line is that either we need to lower healthcare costs or we need to lower insurance costs. I think $100 a month per person is all it should cost to have healthcare. Thats $32,518,590,600 (based on current population) per month.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse