The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday December 22, 2016 at 13:27
tweetymp4
Select Member
March 2003
I was thinking the same thing last week. Found pretty much nothing. Lutron's Spacer system seems to have been brought down to the consumer level and that's it.

The elimination of the clear back version doesn't surprise me, the basis of a clear back means that an IR sensor is in an electrical box with 120 VAC wires... Not a good practice... We always used them in a VERY neatly packed J box with a tiny hole in the back. The IR blaster lived on the back of the J box and shined through the hole.

We haven't needed them in several years. RA2 systems with an IR Keypad, or the URC/Lutron cobranded dimmers did the trick... Now we have two simple systems that need one controlled dimmer. RA2 is overkill, URC's cobranded Lutron dimmers are gone. The existing spacers don't have a neutral wire so LED's are a pia... and they're line of sight only (unless you get raeally hacky with them.
I'm Not an engineer, but I play one on TV.
My handle is Tweety but I have nothing to do with the organization of similar name. I just had a really big head as a child so folks called me tweety bird.

Hosting Services by ipHouse