Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Wednesday December 21, 2016 at 23:22
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
On December 21, 2016 at 22:02, Neurorad said...
What's in their conduit? Anything?

It'seems possible the conduit could be re-routed over to the right.

Conduit be be empty at this point.

On December 21, 2016 at 22:26, cma said...
it's most likely for the panel feed seeing that it's in conduit.. That wire is some thick/heavy stuff and electricians usually route it the easiest way possible and don't like to have to move stuff like that.

Yup, the conduit contains the feed for the 400A panel.  This was a remodel, so lots of electrical got reworked (this is one of three panels).  The conduit stubs up into the ceiling, but because of the roof line I don't think it could have gone farther to the right.

In any case, I think shielding the conduit and panel is going to be more cost effective than moving any of the electrical around at this point.  Was just hoping that someone else had "been there, done that" and could offer some insight on how big a problem it might actually be.

The good thing is that this panel only feeds 3 HWQS panels that are almost entirely LED loads so there's not that much draw.  There is a steam unit for the master shower that draws 80A, but it's use will be infrequent.  I think there might also be 1-2 FAUs on this panel and outlets for the master suite.
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse