The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 49 made on Sunday December 18, 2016 at 16:12
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On December 18, 2016 at 15:15, Anthony said...
I have to ask myself why do we need any of that? electric trams that use power from overhead power lines have existed for ages, electric trains that get power from tracks have existed for ages, I can charge my phone with a plug less phone charger just by resting it on a pad. I think the best solution would be something similar to that, a "powered" road where the car syphons energy for a price while you drive with battery autonomy for 20-30 miles (in case of power failures, looong driveways....)

Because trying to put such an infrastructure in place across the millions and millions of miles of highways we have is far from feasible. And that's just highways. How about side streets, rural roads, or even dirt roads. And that's not even discussing the safety issue of putting high voltage contacts in a road where someone could touch them. And when it rains and water puddles to make contact with both "rails", what happens? Also, what happens during the winter with ice? Our roads here in the mountains are destroyed in the winter from the brine and the plows pushing snow.

Fuel cells are really the logical solution when looking for an all around fit everything answer.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse