The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Sunday December 18, 2016 at 09:57
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 16, 2016 at 21:17, Ernie Gilman said...
Edit: Title was "Can MX-810 programming be exported to a newer remote?" New title reflects conclusions after your advice.

I know that a few URC remote setups can be exported, migrated, whatever, to newer models, but cannot find a list of such things.

A drastically non-techie client has a system on an MX-810. We're going to move her to a newer remote and add another of the same model for a second system in another room. I'm hoping to make the change as painless as possible and perhaps keeping the original programming might help.

Can the 810's file be uploaded from it and exported to a newer model?

The 81 is not in the list of components in CCP and the only download I see for it is a wizard-based program.

If the old 810 still lights up but doesn't send the codes (or only sends some of them), about the best thing to do is abandon it, but use the same names for the activities and other buttons, so she doesn't need to learn new names.

You'll be wasting your time if you try to cobble something together- I did two of these and it not only wasted too much time, it forced me to buy a different computer because the one I was using, which worked fine for EVERYTHING ELSE, didn't have the screen resolution to allow viewing the 880's screen because their Wizard is WYSIWYG, so a low-res computer display only showed part of it. It didn't even have a compatibility function that would allow using a low-res display.

The only reason I programmed two of these is because the client's dog killed the first one, so I was able to program the new one and drop it off without other brain damage.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse