The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Saturday December 17, 2016 at 12:52
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On December 17, 2016 at 12:18, buzz said...
There is about a 70ms latency between Sonos Line-In and output from a Sonos amplifier or player...

I used an Audiologic D-11 two-channel delay line. Source was ebay. I ran across a similar device once in an auction house where the hall was about forty feet wide and a hundred feet long. I adjusted it so the feed going to the front speakers had no delay and the feed going to the speakers halfway down the hall had fifty ms of delay. As buzz says, figure about 1 ms per foot. It changed a room that seemed to have a lot of echo to a much more intelligible space. Oh, yes, and I pointed all the speakers toward the back of the room.

chris-L5S: Start by claiming that the front speakers are much more distant than the rear speakers. This may injure the home theater experience a little, but the rear speakers will align better with the Sonos output in the bar. Note, however, this scheme will suddenly break down if you switch the receiver to a "direct" mode.

What does "start by claiming" mean? I envision a conquistador with a flag on the shore of "front speakers," claiming them for the Queen....
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse