The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Saturday December 17, 2016 at 04:37
Audio Vision
Long Time Member
August 2005
With URC 980's, I've experienced the exact same problem (excessive repeating of the "joystick" functions) on all of the new 2016 Roku models, including the Ultra, Premier+, etc. After trying the URC library codes, which have always worked perfectly on previous Roku models, I've also tried 4 or 5 sets of hex codes I found various places online (including RC.com) and all of them have the same problem.

After some testing, I did initially conclude that turning off the "repeat while pressed" function in the MX-980 was a good work-around, but I later discovered that in certain Roku screens, like the Search screen, the problem was still there even though the MX-980 repeats were turned off. Of course, turning off the repeats also prevents the user from pressing and holding the joystick to "scroll" horizontally or vertically. However, I was willing to accept that limitation as a trade-off if my work-around prevented the excessive repeating of the joystick functions.

After the report from my client that the Search screen is still exhibiting the problem, I guess my work-around didn't work after all.

Can someone (Roku?) please provide a revised set of IR codes for the 2016 Roku models?

Thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse