Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday December 8, 2016 at 16:01
Audiophiliac
August 2006
We are working on a large home 4 hours away. It was wired more than 5 years ago and the owner went to jail before the house was even close to completed. I think sheetrock went up, and that is as far as they got (long story...remember Solyndra?).

The house finally sold at auction last year. The electricians had to finish the lighting system before anyone could live there, duh. Lutron HW was what it was wired for. So we shipped them up a bunch of parts and they installed them, and my boss is now up there programming some more things. They are doing things in phases for some reason...so every once in a while, we order a bunch of parts for them to install, then we go up and program it. We need to set up a PC at that house so we can use Teamviewer or something to access remotely for programming changes, etc.

My first though is to just have the owner let us install the software on one of his computers, and let us know when he needs something done, and we could coordinate it that way.

Having our own PC on site makes more sense. All it needs to be able to do is run the QS software, and Teamviewer.

I am not sure it matters how much it costs, because currently, to make changes will require 8 hours of drive time, a night in a hotel, and some other incidental charges before any programming is even started. It will pay for itself the first time it gets used. :)

Mac Mini would be great....but I do not feel like messing with the parallels or other software to run Windows and Lutron software. Something similar in form factor would be preferred, however.
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse