The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Thursday December 1, 2016 at 07:54
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On November 30, 2016 at 22:01, Ernie Gilman said...
Tom, apparently:
And then I thought it was part of your issue. You bitched about him doing it, but your initial complaint didn't really tell what bothered you.

Really: reread your first post and tell us where you detailed what your problem was. It seemed to be the educational level of the electrician and you did not state what bothered you:

You may be at fault as much as he. He was hired to add a switch. You were hired to put in a lighting system. Why didn't your client know that you needed to be involved in any lighting additions?

This isn't a fargin' language class and you're not an Englich teacher. You need to learn to consider what you see in these photos. The switch at the right of the keypad isn't in the standard location for a main light switch- it's much farther from the door opening than standard. If you had thought about what you were looking at, you would have realized this. Or, not.

The keypad was there first, the later work is usually installed so it looks like it's supposed to be there. The second switch clearly looks like an afterthought.

WRT your last question, it's because some people think they know how to deal with contractors and that they know how to schedule the work. It happens frequently, but not everywhere. I have worked on several homes that were being remodeled with added space and if the homeowner sticks their face into the process, it's common for the floors to be refinished before the rest of the work is done. Then, they bitch about damage to the newly finished floors after all of the other work is done and everyone has no choice but to walk on them. Even with resin paper, Ram Board and drop cloths, they're not going to be left undamaged but that doesn't mean the homeowner understands that none of us can hover.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse