The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday November 27, 2016 at 11:29
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On November 27, 2016 at 10:37, Ernie Gilman said...
That ladder is a black colored version of a green ladder, Werner's regular color. The specs of the two ladders are the same, and the ad doesn't actually mention the color of the ladder.

Well, I went to Lowe's last night to get two of those ladders, found the green ones, and asked why the discount price wasn't on them. They would not sell the green ones... same spec... at the discount. They were out of stock on the black ones. The sale price is good until November 30, Wednesday, and they benefit from getting people into the store on an ad for product that they didn't order in enough quantity to be sure they'd have stock. (This store ordered fifty).

Anyway, we went to customer service; argued the logic of getting the green ladder at the the twenty buck price; were politely refused; then got two green ladders at the discount price after asking to speak with the manager.

I'd encourage anyone who would like one of these ladders to go to Lowe's and do the same thing. I think it was crass and nearly a scam to price a product different only in color (is it cheap because it's black?), then not order enough to fulfill demand. Be sure to mention that there's a discussion of this situation going on in an international internet forum (here). We were about to mention that we bought some major appliances from them and what the hell....

What's the problem with the color and why did you think it would be green? Both links for the 4' ladder show dark gray/black, not green. In the color photo, it's NOT green and the ad doesn't show anything about the color.

I only saw two of the black ones in the aisle with the rest of the ladders and when I didn't see the 300# platform I had seen in their ad (which showed them in stock), I went to the end cap and found both.

Bait N Switch? In this day & age?

Why isn't the green one the same price? Ever heard of a promotional item?
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse