The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Saturday November 26, 2016 at 10:22
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On November 25, 2016 at 21:06, Mario said...
I just have 2 of these: UltraFire 7w 300lm Mini Cree Led Flashlight Torch Adjustable Focus Zoom Light Lamp

The link for that flashlight states that a new model is available: [Link: amazon.com]
Thing is, it's twenty bucks, has a different battery, and has five different light modes. So it's not the new model, it's a different model.

The only annoying thing is that it always goes from LOW, HIGH, BLINK.

I'd LOVE to hear from someone who likes or needs that stupid blink mode. The twenty dollar one also has an SOS mode. I'm sure someone needs that, but it should be a specialty item, not the run of the mill model!

BTW, I have purchased one of the $89 super flashlights and found them to be too bright, large and unnecessary since I have my mini.

Agreed.

On November 25, 2016 at 21:23, Fins said...
... Surefire... have... tactical lights... Some even can double as defensive weapons.

A tactical light IS a light that can be used as a weapon. You don't just smack a guy in the face with it, you grind those sharp front projections into his eye socket.

On November 26, 2016 at 05:35, buzz said...
I kept this weapon under the driver's seat and I could give a tailgater with high beams blaring a bright message. In the end, the flashlight was stolen from my car and, as you can see, I still miss it.

You could check out this: 10,000 lumen: [Link: amazon.com]

Yes, I hate the flash mode. I don't understand the rationale behind that feature. It seems to me that they were running the LED in pulse mode and at that point, adding the flash was a cheap feature and an easy way to differentiate an LED model from its incandescent competition. The early LED models were very dim and had terrible optics -- but they could flash.

Someone thought it was a good idea, sold some, and then everybody felt they had to compete. That's my guess. It's a stupid idea for most of the world.

Thanks for all the input!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse