Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Saturday November 19, 2016 at 13:09
andrewinboulder
Select Member
August 2003
I've used this simple solution a few times and found it very fast:

[Link: ebay.com]

The thing I tend to struggle with most on the Playbars is keeping the bar flush with the face of the TV while also preventing sag AND not having a ton of hardware sticking out of the back, which is helpful for those times when the TV is very thin and has to be pushed back up against the wall.

The cheap ass solution above works because the metal is just stiff enough to bend just right, so you can position the bar forward or back and also mitigate sag, so you're not di$%ing around with washers and spacers etc.

It is also very low profile.

I use a bolt with a head that's just big enough to slide into the key hole slot, and then fasten a nut to secure the bracket. The curve on the bracket gives extra bracing on the back of the Playbar, and it's also easier to line up the holes on the soundbar than the Snap piece.

The ToneCase is better built, beefier and more professional option, but this solution works too for the right customer.

I only wonder if using this option affects sound quality since it's more apt to vibrate than a more solid option.

Hosting Services by ipHouse