Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Friday November 18, 2016 at 15:29
JimmyRemote
Lurking Member
November 2016
Thank you for all the input.
I really appreciate it.

I hoped for an easy solution but the problem seems even more complicated. Or is it me with so much information? lol

Was I able to visit the site every few days in order to check recordings, DVR would be by far the easiest thing to do. Unfortunately, the place is 1k miles away, has no adsl and electricity (other that from solar panels). Hence options are limited. So is my knowledge and understanding of networks, thus I may abandon the surveillance altogether...
Emerlin, you are absolutely right that I am unlikely to react in time. What would you recommend then? A camera which starts recording once motion was detected?
I really know nothing about CCTVs and would appreciate any expert advice, so please feel free to ask questions should you have any.
The place is unlikely to have any visitors, however, should there be any, the remoteness of the place does not help in preventing something happening and for this reason I would like to have some minimal protection. I only need it for another 4-6 months. After that period, I hope there is still something to go back to :-)

Hosting Services by ipHouse