Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Friday November 18, 2016 at 11:46
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
Just about any IR receiver should work for it. I have used Xantech on it with no problems.
I had one on my test bench to take apart for evaluation - Notes:

The amp is made by Sonavox of Canada (built in China).

It is a digital amplifier and the outputs are BTL - so do not allow the negative speaker connections to contact ground or each other. This is important because some cheap volume controls are common ground (like Russound).

Rated output is 35w per channel @ 4ohm. The actual power output is 26.7w per channel @ 4ohm, both channels driven, full bandwidth.

Sound quality is what you would expect from a cheap digital amp. It is OK but not anything you would want to put high quality speakers on. Regardless of what some tone deaf people might post. :)

FYI: There are a lot of small digital amps on the market now. And they all have about the same sound quality, just different wattages. Having more power sometimes gives the illusion of better sound quality when comparing 2 models. Also this includes SONOS, HEOS, and the other small digital amp products - these units have slightly more power than the standalone mini units.

Again, these are fine for common audio distribution jobs and sound bars. Just not something I would use when powering a high-quality audio system.

Hosting Services by ipHouse