Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Thursday November 17, 2016 at 07:23
emerlin
Long Time Member
July 2002
Hi,

I have done a few of these. I do not believe you will get a static address from any cellular provider - at least in the US.

You should look into Axis Cameras with Camera Companion for this. Especially if you are only talking about a few cameras. We have done several cradelpoint/axis installations at gravel pits in our area with good success. I like local recording vs cloud for these, no bandwidth being used.

There are some options for remote access via VPN or SSH but with an onsite client and are a PITA to maintain.

Also - In many cases, you do not need to log into the camera directly to do PTZ. You can do that right from any cams app. IMHO - email updates are mostly worthless depending on the application and will lead to a great deal of frustration. By the time the update is received, launch the app, log in, etc... the event you are looking for is long gone and you will be chasing your tail. After a week you will shut it off. If you really some visibility - have the system email a couple of small photos once an alert is triggered. You need to be razor sharp on the how the alert is crafted.... or you will shut that off in a week as well.

Hope this helps.

Hosting Services by ipHouse