Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 09:49
gwstudios
June 2004
On November 14, 2016 at 20:01, DavidinCT said...
Nice looking...thanks for posting..

Thanks so much. I realize the market for this is extremely limited, but I really wanted to see this through to the end. I am going to borrow some of the ideas I used on this for other manufacturers templates as well.

Any remotes that have hard buttons for UDLR navigation and a touch screen really don't need a redundant set of them on the screen itself, which is why I replaced them with the four colored buttons with text options for shortcuts that most products use these days.

Same goes for the 9400 concept. Since I eliminated the UDLR on the touch screen, I decided to put the colored buttons on the transport controls page.

I had forgotten so much about PEP, it was kind of fun to jump back in a figure all of that out again. The 9400 requires a different way of thinking. They want you to use graphics that are twice the size needed for a 240 x 320 screen, but I am using native resolution. That means I have to manually type in the image sizes in properties when creating the initial design.

All sorts of strange things start happening when you use 2X graphics on the 9400 but the pixel height or width is an odd number. PEP rounds down to the nearest whole number and the graphics that are supposed to line up... don't.

Hosting Services by ipHouse