Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday November 1, 2016 at 10:45
Other
March 2007
We're just starting to dabble in this area, but I've heard very good things about JAP and SVSi. I cringe whenever I hear "run over our existing" as while converged networking sounds great in marketing, in reality most of these products need or run best over dedicated networks, i.e. if you have one CAT run to each classroom, which isn't unusual, that network may get bogged down heavily for regular data applications. If it is just for morning announcements or similar bursts here and there, by all means, but for all day every day usage, you might not be saving as much as you think.

Crestron has an interesting solution in that they are kind of treading lightly with a hybrid approach. DM for local runs and high quality runs, and streaming for the occasional use, overflow, etc. that can be mixed in the same receivers, chassis, etc. , but not over the same cabling.

Definitely get an experienced professional involved, and I'd repost this in a different forum to get better responses. This doesn't really have anything to do with discrete IR codes.

Hosting Services by ipHouse