The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday October 22, 2016 at 17:33
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
On October 20, 2016 at 16:54, Ernie Gilman said...
Hi! I've recently gotten a couple of command sets, one in a Word document and one in an Excel document, where there's the command name followed by Pronto Hex.

While we're at it, what's a csf file?

A CSF file is a textual representation of a CCF file with the IR code data, etc inside. It is generated using Olivier De Couvreur's (yes, I think I spelled it correctly after all these years) wonderful CCFTools package that allows for compilation/decompilation of CCFs. (Classic Pronto Files Section and BTW, the old SuperNudelist and Sony CD SuperCharger relied solely on this tool).

With regard to your original question about spreadsheet code conversion.

What I used to do was to use MakeHex to generate a .hex file and then use IRPanels to create a CCF which I then renamed the function codes and gave them meaningful names.

This being said, IRScrutinizer is mentioned here and does all of this wonderfully in a few clicks provided you know the IR Make (Sony), Format (8, 15, or 20 bit), and the device/subdevice. It will generate all functions for you. I have started using this and will never go back to the older way.

The panacea of knowing Left Arrow is Function 23, for example, is a manual step and requires a tool. I.e. You must use Decode IR, IR Scrutinizer, or if you can do it visually, your eyes and brain.

:-)
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse