The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday October 22, 2016 at 17:13
Grasshopper
Long Time Member
May 2016
I'm sure plenty of you guys (and gals) have taken on the task before. I decided I was going to get into it since every now and then we take away tv's that have gone bad. After one nightmare (that I may have unintentionally bricked myself during testing, don't ask) I decided I was going to stick only to power supplies.

None of that information was necessary or pertinent to my intent of creating this thread. You're welcome for wasting your time. ANYWAY...

I re-capped a power supply for a tv for my dad and it works just fine. I have another one for myself that I re-capped, but...originally there was some sort of thermal compound between some of the capacitors, I assume because they might be generating too much heat in their location (or something else in that location, so it was there to protect them from that). So, I ordered some thermal compound and applied it. The original stuff was hard. Come to find out, the stuff I ordered doesn't dry. I'm wondering if this is going to be an issue, if I need something completely different? I've had the tv for a year and a half, and haven't turned it on because I'm worried that the compound I used might be the wrong stuff. The stuff that was originally there was in contact with electrical connections so I assume that it was safe. I just wonder if this never drying stuff might conduct electricity or something and wipe out the board. Got any answers? Thanks!

J
Everyone should learn something new every day.

Hosting Services by ipHouse