Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday October 19, 2016 at 13:37
mdavej
December 2002
I suspect that Hisense has no discrete power codes. However, there is a way to try all 256 possible codes. If the codes exist, you will find them using the procedure below:

- Save 3 copies of your existing Hisense rmdu file
- Make Functions using OBCs 0-100 in the first file, 101-200 in the second and 201-255 in the third and assign each to a button (Buttons tab is the easiest place to do this). I usually give them the same name as their code, i.e., OBC 179 would be named 179
- Add these three new devices to your rmir file and upload to the remote
- Pick each device and try every button. You can skip OBCs that are already known if you wish.

Make sure when you test that the TV is in the appropriate initial state. For example, to find discrete on, your TV will need to be off before you try the code. So it may require a few passes to fully test each code.

It is possible, but unlikely, that you will run across a code that resets your tv or puts it into some sort of service or test mode. So be aware of this risk.

This is what we call a brute force search and is the primary way unknown discrete codes are found.

Good luck, and please let us know if you find any new functions. I'm sure other Hisense owners will be grateful.

Hosting Services by ipHouse