The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Wednesday October 19, 2016 at 10:25
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On October 18, 2016 at 16:07, Mogul said...
Yes...It had been heavily configured by the original POS vendor to serve as the security firewall for POS processing, etc. The POS system was recently upgraded and a separate hardware firewall installed. The POS integrator now disavows support of the Cisco and basically said all I needed to be concerned with was not stepping on the Static IP's of the POS server, NIC and firewall.

Three separate VLANs were originally configured with the two in the 192.168.20 and .30 ranges set with DHCP service but the third in the 10.0 range not DHCP. I setup the office .20 VLAN on the four local ports and hidden wireless SSID for office use and .30 VLAN for the guest wireless SSID and bridged the modem [which was also previously ALSO setup as a 4 port router with DHCP]. Inter-VLAN routing is turned off to keep the office and guest networks isolated, but, again, all devices on the .20 range are sharing the same VLAN in the same DHCP address pool.

All devices are online and happy except for SONOS and I'm able to see and ping all other devices on the same VLAN.

POS- Point Of Sale, or the other meaning?

How many APs in this network? Are they all in that address range?
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse