The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Thursday October 13, 2016 at 09:02
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On October 8, 2016 at 12:58, kgossen said...
Thinking is not really his strong suit. An edid issue shouldn't cause no audio. Could it be an input assignment on the Integra?

On October 8, 2016 at 22:58, Fins said...
I've had issues before running a source through a matrix then sending one output to the AVR and another to the display at the same time. It can confuse the EDID.

Be cautious when saying some particular wrong thing CAN'T happen with HDMI. I see that's mentioned by others here, too.

On October 11, 2016 at 17:57, Grasshopper said...
I'm not sure, my "boss"... says he has it right, and after all, it has worked this way for so long that it doesn't make sense for it to not work now, but, as someone else said, they've run into cable boxes that have this problem, they just block the alternative signal when hdmi is hooked up.

We've also run into situations that no longer worked after updates.

If you want to provide advice but not sound cocky, maybe you could say you submitted this issue to your "peanut gallery," and we had some suggestions. Maybe that would be less threatening than telling him what to do.

On October 12, 2016 at 09:53, tomciara said...
I worked with a Pioneer Elite receiver yesterday and was trying to increase the number of HDMI inputs with a 5x1 switcher feeding one HDMI input on the AVR. The sound was muting with the cable box input only, not the Blu Ray, not the Apple TV,not even a laptop feed.

Okay, you need more HDMI inputs... does the Pioneer have at least two HDMI inputs? One could be the cable box direct into the Pioneer, another could be the switcher. If there were other problems, then yeah, new receiver time. (You don't mention how old the receiver is.)
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse