The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Wednesday October 12, 2016 at 14:06
Eastside A/V
Select Member
September 2006
8-15 weeks is an average repair timeline...but can easily be greater than that since most of the local repair shops have closed (there are none in the Pacific Northwest any longer)...so there could easily be an overload at the larger national repair facilities.

Newer Denons and all but the top 3 Marantz's are no longer designed/engineered or manufactured by DM, the engineered part being the most important. Since the Tsunami, Denon lost ALL manufacturing capabilities and Marantz was severly liminted...DM of today is not what it was 5 or more years ago.

Sell Yamaha and don't worry about service/repair issues. They are just built and perform significantly better. As I've said I've had great luck. 6 total failures in 13 years with well over 1000 installed at clients homes. 3 failures were different years 1st production runs pre-aventage. Last 3 defective units were an RXA-720 and an RXV475 with HDMI issues blanking a screen after 4+ years of service, and 1 RXV481 defective out of the box upon initial installation.

I also had one client brick his own RXA810, which required a manufacturer reset (at the service level) and all was good in a few days.
Bryan Levy
www.eastsideav.com
Gallery: [Link: eastsideav.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse