The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Tuesday October 11, 2016 at 17:54
Grasshopper
Long Time Member
May 2016
On October 8, 2016 at 12:37, Ernie Gilman said...
So... when you bypassed the Integras, you also bypassed the HDMI Switcher. Could this be an EDID problem?

Looks like you're saying more than one cable box but only one switch....

You've not said how each switcher is connected to each Integra. Do the switchers have dual HDMI outputs, one going to the display and the other to the Integra? Or do the switchers break the audio out of the HDMI and give you an optical audio signal? Or digital coax audio?

Could you go back to the beginning and describe this?

***EDITED*** I was mistaken, we didn't go directly from the cable box to the tv, we went through the integra via HDMI cable but still got no audio from the OPTICAL output of the cable box. Without the optical cable in the mix, still no audio through the Integra via hdmi directly to it. Stereo analog works fine. (I'm not the guy messing with the settings, I'm just wiring it, I'm the "assistant" if you will). So:

Cable box ---> hdmi ----> 8 source switcher output ----> cat5e ----> HDbaseT receiver ----> projector produces picture fine.

Cable box ----> optical audio out ----> integra ----> produces no audio.

The HDMI to the integra is so that we can at least get stereo sound for the other 4 audio sources on the switcher. Sources are 4 cable boxes, 2 apple tvs, and 1 blu ray player. (the 8th source is the FLIR nvr for which there is no audio)

Last edited by Grasshopper on October 11, 2016 18:18.
Everyone should learn something new every day.

Hosting Services by ipHouse