The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday October 5, 2016 at 14:14
LarryR
Long Time Member
May 2003
The URC MX-990 remote plays a "click" default sound whenever a button is pressed. But for one device on a remote I'm working on, the click sound doesn't play. The problem exists on every page of that device. The click sound DOES play on that device for the Main, Pg Left, and Pg Right buttons and for the eight buttons adjacent the screen, but none of the other buttons make a sound. Click sounds for all buttons on all other devices work as expected. If it matters, the other buttons on the problem device are all "punch-through," but punch-through buttons on other devices work fine.

Per the URC MX-980 programming instructions for setting the Default Sound (I haven't found any instructions specific to the 990), I selected the remote in the Model Designer and displayed the properties. Under "Beep sound information" the check box for "Use when a button is pressed" is checked. I can't figure out what else to check.

I suppose just because the Default Sound is turned on doesn't mean that sounds for buttons for a specific device couldn't have been accidentally turned off, but I can't figure out how that's done.

If anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate your help.

Hosting Services by ipHouse