The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday October 4, 2016 at 19:37
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I'm finally installing an Apple TV for the first time, and all is going pretty well except for a killer menu issue.

Oddly, the remote that came with the unit is dead, so I'm charging it while using a) an old Apple TV remote that's here and b) the URC codes for Apple TV.

With both means of control, keys generally seem to work, except for this: When the screen is up that's got five movie titles across the top and five categories down below, if I scroll one position to the right, the screen often goes white, then returns to the initial screen with movies highlighted. Those times that it stays at the second position (tv shows/iTunes), I can go up and down and left and right, and Select works.

But if I try to scroll TWICE to the right, to the App store, it ALWAYS goes white, then goes back to the initial screen with movies across the top and the five categories across the bottom, the left one (movies) highlighted. It's stopped a couple of times on Photos, and on music, but it generally goes back to the left.

Is it broke? It's supposedly just been purchased, but the dead new remote is a suspicious thing!

Thanks for any help with this.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse