The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday October 4, 2016 at 19:29
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Or whatever a new one today might be called. Especially in light of the fact that I'm installing an Apple TV Model A 1625 right now! It's one of the ones with no optical audio output.

I'm sure anyone who has installed one of these sticks can tell me what I need to know about it much more quickly than I can unbury it from online sources!

I was referred to this client by a guy who works with my son. The guy works in IT, so network issues are his.

He's going to supply a Fire Stick or whatever it is. My part of things, the IR control system, consists of a URC MX980 and MRF350. The system's main parts are an Aventage RX-A850, Dish Network Hopper 3, Vizio 70" TV, and a couple other components that don't matter to this discussion.

There's A LOT of information available online about the Fire Stick, but nothing as simple as "uses IR remote" or "controlled via Bluetooth." I'm looking to see how the stick will be controlled in this system.

The IT guy has given us a network switch in the system area.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse