The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Monday October 3, 2016 at 12:07
Pukin
Long Time Member
September 2013
On October 3, 2016 at 10:11, edizzle said...
i dont mean to sound like a dick but........ who the eff cant afford a snap rack for their office system? also, their are NUMEROUS 4x1 switchers that can be had for what you paid that would outperform what you purchased and give you the 4x1 you ultimately want! I dont see the value here.

also, i have numerous MC3, MLX3 for sale. a brand new in box 6x100 and a brand new unopened Adagio AMS-AIP make an offer!

Saying you don't mean doesn't mean I'm not going to take offense.

I'm really getting a lot of flack and not understanding why. I had a goal. I accomplished it in the most economical means available to me without compromising on capability.

For those interested this is my office AV system. The LCD is a LG 32LD350. [Link: dropbox.com]

I am thinking about adding in my AMX PC1 box to provide a way to hard reset the Apple TV 4 when it acts up to save time on navigating the menu to reboot it. If I need to I can also add in a Crestron C2N-VEQ4.

I didn't want another brand of switcher. I wanted a Crestron switcher. I work with DM switchers every day on job sites. I have seen how solid they are. This is an old one but it is a proven platform. Keep in mind it's not just a switcher. It is a switcher and a transmitter.

My solution offers me a clean pathway for CEC control of my Apple TV 4 so I don't have to run an IR bud to it.

I can use CEC control to get the feedback from my LG display since it's responses to serial commands are next to useless. So now I can discreetly turn the display on and off and set it to the correct input via a serial port and display with certainty the correct state on the panel even if someone uses the remote or buttons on the display itself.

In addition I never said I can't afford a rack. I asked for a recommendation on a cost effective rack. Since my day to day duties don't have me doing the purchasing I don't know where to go to get a good deal on a quality rack. Plus I was hoping someone might know of one that looks like an entertainment center or something with an actual rack built into it.

Last edited by Pukin on October 3, 2016 14:15.

Hosting Services by ipHouse