Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday October 2, 2016 at 15:43
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
On a property with six vacation cottages, the owners are systematically demoing them one by one and rebuilding. I did the pre-wire on the first one a couple of years ago. They are small two bedroom things. For the first one they knew what they wanted: a main room Tv , rough ins for TV in the bedrooms, network, and three zones of audio. No problem. I home ran speaker wire, HDMI, cat6, coax etc etc. It was one floor with a unfinished basement so lots of access to fish any future needs.

So the sister is starting the rebuild of her cottage. It's larger than the other since it has a second floor. I'm guessing 1200sqft. At this point she doesn't know what she wants to happen so I'm looking at a pre-wire to cover most basic needs. My question is about HDMI. In the past I've run an HDMI, passive and then later Redmere, and a couple of Cat6 and felt we had it covered. But now with 4K being a bit of a cluster, I'm not running Redmere and am unsure about running passive HDMI. Of I'm home running again, the most future proof cables are quite expensive and at this point she doesn't know which rooms will end up with TVs. The shot gun blast of running HDMI all over the place will get really expensive. I'm leaning towards the passive HDMI, two cat6 and then conduit. I feel like that will pretty much cover future needs but I'm looking for advice on what others are running.

Thanks

Craig.

Last edited by Craig Aguiar-Winter on October 2, 2016 15:54.
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse