The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 63 made on Friday September 23, 2016 at 18:34
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On September 23, 2016 at 09:49, andrewinboulder said...
On that job it was a 50 ft Binary cable from an Onkyo AVR to a Sharp TV.

I have a grave yard of HDMI extenders in my office. Every single one of them have been units that worked great while I was on site, but then f&*ck up later, video drops out, require reboots etc, etc. A unit will work fine on one job site, so I make it my go-to and then it fails on another site.

I've tried Binary, Atlona, Hydraconnect, probably others I can't remember.

I finally started running conduit whenever humanly possible.

This is what we do. All of our projects have been new constructions since the dark days (2008 financial collapse) so installing conduit has been easy.

I had a remodel job a couple years ago, with three local systems, all of which had Key Digital HDMI matrix switches. I pulled conduit to all the TVs. I pulled moderately price Key Digital HDMI cables to all of the TV's. The longest run was about 75 ft. All the TV's worked while I was there, then they all started screwing up. Ended up pulling all new higher end Ethereal HDMI cables to every TV and they all worked from then on.

I have several budget jobs with Amazon 50 ft HDMI $40 cables that still work fine.

I think I might need some lasers.

Mac,
If you have a local system in a home, with an AVR, and only existing Cat5e to work with, and you have a 50-75 ft run between the AVR and TV, what is your go-to solution?

We would (actually we usually have the clients electrician) retrofit a flexible conduit between the TV and the equipment. Then we would use an HDMI cable up to 80' or a Crestron HD-EXT3-C for anything over that.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse