The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 61 made on Friday September 23, 2016 at 12:28
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On September 22, 2016 at 14:49, Mac Burks (39) said...
If you were a librarian or a fire fighter i could see how this would be confusing. If you are an audio video technician you should understand that label with no issue. If you are an audio video technician and that statement does confuse you...i think its safe to say that you will also have issues with basic HDMI wiring and possibly tying your shoes.

I see. You're not writing for the audience here, which will include beginners who come here for advice and learning. You're writing them off by writing for the seasoned professional. You defend your use of terms that "audio video technicians" will understand. Okay.

I think your problem is that you consider my seasoned exceptional expertise to be "Luck".

You don't point out anything at all about your installations that reflect anything exceptional. Your attitude seems to be that your installations simply work and you don't understand what other people are making all the fuss about. Must be luck.

I used quotation marks on either side of the word luck in that last sentence to make the reader of this paragraph aware that i was quoting the words that you typed...

I understand your use of the quotation marks. And look: here you're writing for the person who might not get it. Why are you willing to be explicit for non-seasoned grammarians here, but you don't write explicitly for the benefit of non-seasoned audio video technicians?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse