The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Thursday September 22, 2016 at 01:26
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On September 21, 2016 at 23:02, andrewinboulder said...
Perhaps the better question is what gear YOU are using that you've had so few issues. I'm guessing a big part of it Crestron DM which apparently is the most reliable video distribution system known to man (never used it).

All distributed HDMI has been done with DM over fiber...but as i mentioned...i also did a house with 14...(15 now after a recent addition to the gym) samsung tv's that had marantz AVR's, apple tv's, samsung BD players, DirecTV boxes and one TV has video from the CCTV NVR. That project has 14 local systems with 14 50' HDMI cables that cost $25 each. I had multiple locations where the conduit was over 35' so i just next day aired 14 50 footers to get the system wired "temporarily" and here we are 2 years later and we have had zero HDMI issues. All the 1'-3' HDMI cables in the cabinet were also from Amazon.

Hmmm. Just recently had to visit a theater that has been working perfectly for about 3 years - no video on the TV, but the AVR's volume display shows up- nothing else would come through. Reboot the AVR. Everything's fine. Thanks HDMI.

Are you using extending products or is this all HDMI cables?

Last edited by Mac Burks (39) on September 22, 2016 01:40.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse