The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 32 made on Wednesday September 21, 2016 at 23:02
andrewinboulder
Select Member
August 2003
On September 21, 2016 at 19:17, Mac Burks (39) said...
Thats the only HDMI issues we have had. Two years ago i wired a house with $25 (each) 50' (yes 50 foot) HDMI cables from Amazon. 14 rooms had TV's with surround receivers and a few sources each. The name brand HDMI cables wouldn't show up on time so i next day aired the 50' footers as a temporary solution...and they are still there with no problems reported.

One thing i will say that might make a difference is that i haven't done any retro work in 8 years aside from minor upgrades to existing systems. Everything has been new construction.

Aside from just blaming HDMI...would you say your issues have been with manufactured cables? Extenders? AVR's? Where do you think the weak link is in most cases?

Perhaps the better question is what gear YOU are using that you've had so few issues. I'm guessing a big part of it Crestron DM which apparently is the most reliable video distribution system known to man (never used it).

Hmmm. Just recently had to visit a theater that has been working perfectly for about 3 years - no video on the TV, but the AVR's volume display shows up- nothing else would come through. Reboot the AVR. Everything's fine. Thanks HDMI.

Hosting Services by ipHouse