The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Wednesday September 21, 2016 at 11:45
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On September 21, 2016 at 10:57, Trunk-Slammer -Supreme said...
I have a client that just received some lighting damage froma nearby strike.

Cable company tells them the cable box is fine without coming to the home (I wondered how they can tell if it actually is sending out a video signal), and wants $60.00 to come out to do a physical check.

Talking to the client it does appear the Snap HDBT extenders are dead (no idiot lights at all), even though I had a Ethereal surge on the output of the cable box.

This is the second such event in as many years.

I had one of those recently. It really wasn't a complicated system. AVR, BDP, cable box, and MRF350 located in a cabinet over the set bar next to the fireplace. 65" LED over the fireplace, with an ethereal HDMI extender. Lightning took stuff out. The client's pilot tried to fix it himself. He replaced a less than a year old Aventage AVR without having anyone check it. Still no picture. Charter tech shows up, refuses to even touch anything because it's too complicated. Finally the client's new secretary figured out how to check the old secretary's very organized files and call us. I went out and in 2 minutes knew the cable box HDMI was dead. Charter had said the box was fine because the front display showed it was on and changing channels
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse