The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday September 19, 2016 at 11:12
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On September 19, 2016 at 10:50, highfigh said...
Don't want to use hot glue? It's the Brylcreem of glue- "Just a dab'll do ya".

If you're going to get corny and quote something, quote it correctly: "A little dab'll do ya."

I was in a KMart the other day. While waiting through an excruciating and worthless process with customer service, I counted a dozen models of TV for sale, all 40" and under, that all MUST have HDMI connections. People with no technical expertise can buy these and an HDMI cable, then connect their cable box or satellite receiver and have quite satisfactory TV setup.

Bang and they're done. To the manufacturing industry, that's success. We can't fight that.

It's nice to see someone confirm what I've long said: the idiot manufacturers introduced a technology designed to only take the signal a short distance. I call them idiots because that virtually eliminated their projectors and larger TVs from being able to be installed with the technology as it existed at the moment.

Yes, we are a flyspeck in the video industry, and there's nothing we can do to influence the products that are foisted on us. Or can someone out there say they have an industry contact who will listen to their concerns? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? (And don't forget that a "flyspeck" is a nice term for a piece of fly crap.)

Last edited by Ernie Gilman on September 19, 2016 11:56.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse