The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday September 19, 2016 at 10:56
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On September 19, 2016 at 10:22, Audiophiliac said...
We do what we did when HDMI replaced component video. We deal with it. When you look at the original HDMI spec, it was really designed to go <10' from source to sink. Period. Look at what our industry did with that. Pretty amazing that we can go 100m with it and also piggy back IR, RS232, Ethernet, CEC, ARC, USB, power, etc. over a single CATs cable! Brilliant!

We might just have to go back to short stacks of gear near every TV. Like it used to be. Or there will be less TVs to worry about when it will cost $5000 to connect that 24" TV in the sewing room. :)

Hey, at least speakers are still speakers. :)

And it was supposed to be compatible with DVI and NOT be inserted, removed, inserted, removed, rinse/lather/repeat. It was supposed to be connected and left alone. The cables are often too stiff, they stress the shit out of the plug & port and that voids the warranty, which sucks because a single HDMI port can't be replaced. When we think it will survive the stress and it causes damage, who eats it?

All of the added capabilities are great, but it's not always backward compatible and then, they had the Analog Sunset- who bought a player, hoping that it would be forced to dumb down the resolution? Not as much of a problem with up-conversion, but sometimes that isn't available.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse