The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday September 19, 2016 at 09:59
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On September 19, 2016 at 09:37, jrainey said...
Ummm....what are you saying....that we as a flyspeck community try to tell manufacturers what to do.....

Don't think so....

And no the VAST majority of customers will not need fiber....the under 5M passive wires that they own right now will work just fine....

We're not a "flyspeck community", we're just treated that way.

This stuff isn't going to install itself, is it? Should electricians do it? How about the people from the Genius Bar? I know hobbyists do a lot of their own, but do they want to go into business doing this? How many threads have we seen that revolved around the problems with HDMI and how many accessories do we need, to combat the BS that shows up out of the blue?

Should a working TV need to be replaced just because someone wants to connect it in a secondary system where picture quality isn't necessarily the main criterion, but it sure would be nice to not see e-mails from a good customer on a Saturday evening telling me that they can't get a picture with U-Verse, when it's impossible for me to do anything about it.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse