The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Saturday September 17, 2016 at 11:27
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On September 16, 2016 at 11:20, Ernie Gilman said...
So, picked up a 40" Samsung yesterday for a client's use with DirecTV. It's a UN40H5003AF. It seemed to work just acceptably, but for less than $300, how could you complain?

Here's how: I can't get it to shut off with the DirecTV remote.

Using the remote control setup method that comes with the H25, the model number is not in the list. Choosing "I don't know" gives me a power command that works when in the remote control setup process, but once I exit that and try to just use the DirecTV remote, the OFF button turns off the H25 but the Samsung says "This function is not available."

So I switch the remote and receiver over to the kind of remote control setup where five digit numbers are listed. I try the first dozen. Maybe three don't work at all. The others work just like with the other method: "This function is not available."

This is very time-consuming because POWER works when you're in the setup mode, then doesn't work when you've exited the menu system.

Anybody have any idea how to overcome this? Sure, there's another dozen codes to try, but this was, of course, the last thing I was trying to do last night before leaving, already late. I'll try the rest when I can.

Thanks.

Does the remote have an 'R' at the end of the model number? If so, you might try setting it up to control the Sat receiver via RF and then do the TV control setup again. When RF is used, part of the procedure requires aiming the remote at the Sat receiver (it made no sense to me, either) when acquiring the code set for the TV. I did this last month when I had to replace a TV at a country club and the remote wouldn't send the proper commands, so I called Tech Support and got it cleared up.

This might be what we have to live with when budget drives the purchasing decision.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse