The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday September 13, 2016 at 13:57
Jay M
Founding Member
May 2002
Thanks for the reply! It's not that I would resent a professional doing the work, it's more that I don't know what I want until I have it installed for a while and then make modifications. The reason I don't like Harmony remotes is that I feel like I have no control. You are pretty much stuck doing it the Harmony way. I like URC because I can have the perfect hybrid of event based and device based control.

Then I usually have a problem getting contractors back to do small jobs. It's just not worth their time. That said, I've never worked with an A/V installer. Maybe your trade is different than the others.

I have an upcoming project at work where we need an automated conference room. I'm pretty sure the new MXHome Pro would be ideal. If not, an MRX8 with a touchscreen and wand remote would also work well. My concern with hiring a professional is not their ability to give me what I want, it's cutting off my ability to service it. If we have a meeting and something isn't working I need to be able to fix it immediately. I can't wait 2 hours for a guy to come over to look at it.

I don't know the URC rules, but it seems like under no circumstance will they allow customers to have access to the Total Control software.

You seem like a good person to work with. Are you in the LA area?

thanks,
~Jay

Hosting Services by ipHouse