The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday September 9, 2016 at 12:28
Jim in CA
Lurking Member
September 2016
I recently updated to a new PC running Windows 10. I still have three MX-500 remotes that I update using IRClone from South Shores Technology, which is long since gone. (And two new ones still in the box in reserve.) I am proud to say I now have it working on Windows 10, thanks to hints in the above post from Dundas.

Windows 10 loaded the driver version 2.12.16.0, and this version did not work. I tried 2.10.0.0 as referenced above, and it still did not work. It gave me the green indicator showing it had found the IRClone, but it would not upload/download. I found that I was using version 2.08.14 with my old Windows 7 machine, so I found it and loaded it. IT WORKS!!!

I used the Windows 10 Device Manager to "update" the driver, and manually directed it to the downloaded 2.08.14 driver. No need for third party software.

If I did not have the IRClone device and software, I would have switched to another remote. But now that I found it works with the new PC, I will keep using my MX-500's for now.
Jim in CA

Hosting Services by ipHouse