Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10,952 made on Thursday September 8, 2016 at 19:04
Audiophiliac
August 2006
I upgraded a client's DirecTV system. We picked up a genie and 5 clients at a local satellite sales/installation company we work with quite a bit. Client is not home and would not be bothered with this anyway, so, using my prior experience with the 1800 clowns, I decided to go a different route.

I had the account #, so I created an online account, logged in, tried the activate equipment process with no luck, so I started a chat with "I bought a Genie and 5 Clients and would like to activate them and deactivate all my other boxes." I expected the usual runarounds. But thankfully, the nice lady stayed online for at least an hour...probably closer to 2...I lost track of time. She got all 6 boxes activated, all the old ones turned off, and never sounded angry or fed up once (gotta love chat vs. phone call....I could imagine her tone).

The things we do for money.

So the C51 clients will not do over 480P on component video or what? It locked up every time I tried setting to 720 or 1080. Guess it is time for some more upgrades.
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse