The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Wednesday September 7, 2016 at 15:31
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On September 7, 2016 at 14:56, iform said...
Should work as long as you verify that the ir on the HDBaseT units are 12 volt. I think.

I guess it would depend on what the output is that you are feeding the connecting block.

I described this in some detail above.

I would look at using blasters instead of a bunch of emitters at each source component.

How would this help? By the way, if you really have several emitter signals* going to one place, you can use a diode in series with each signal, wired as in the diagrams I referred to above, so that only one emitter would be required. However, pushing two remote buttons at the same time would probably give no result.

It would be interesting to see if a ir block would work with a reversal of ir direction?

If you're talking about something simple like a Xantech 78944, well, that's just an IR buss in with a 470 ohm resistor between the buss and each emitter output. That's four resistors.

If you injected four IR busses into that, the signals would mix together, and maybe the 470 ohm resistors would somewhat isolate the IR busses from one another, but it's not the best way to do it. It would probably work, though. Just one problem: on a backwards 78944, I believe you'd want to connect to the ring and sleeve, while IR emitter plugs give you just tip and ring with the sleeve part essentially shorted to the ring. So you'd have to connect the emitter with bare wires or wire up a stereo plug the correct way for this setup.

*IR emitter signal = IR buss + resistor to keep the emitter from being blown by the available buss current.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse